Sunday, November 26, 2006

Positive Frame of Mind


The multis last night didnt produce anything. The deepstack I did not play as well as I would have liked. I was card dead for long stretches and as a result I was the short stack on my table most of the time. I ended up pushing in with AJ when the tourney chipleader raised. He called with 77 and I hit two jacks but he four flushed and that was it. I am disappointed as I let the stack size of others dictate my play rather then the blinds. Next time.

The APAT I did ok. I never had a big hand to break out with, I was around 13K-17K most of the night and as the blinds rose, my cards didnt rise to meet the occasion. I pushed with AJs and was called by AK.

The $3 rebuy I was bored with. I lost a coinflip and left the tourney. I was more interested in the deepstack.

Anyways, after last night, my balance was an extremely unhealthy $285. Yes, I know, pitiful. Especially for a player who wants $1000 by Christmas. Well after playing today I am back to $506. Quite a nice profit for a days work if I do say so myself (which I do). I bit the bullet and started playing the $15+1 turbos. They are fantastic as they suit my game extremely well. When it gets to four handed I make a movkery of the game and pretty much take control. I am much more dangerous in these games the in the $6 SnG turbos as people in the $6 get fed up and call me, whereas in the $15 turbos they fold.

I played 17 today and I finished in the money 11 times. Happy days!

1st - 5
2nd - 1 (I have a lot of confidence when it gets heads up as I have been playing very well)
3rd - 5
Out of money - 6

I realise that these games are out of my bankroll, but to be honest, I lost interest with the grind of the $6 turbos. I was not reaching my goal quick enough for my liking and I dont like playing when I am not focused. These new tourneys have me very interested and that is a good sign. I am hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

No comments: