Saturday, November 11, 2006

Multis and Some of the Usual

Last night was Friday, and because I could sleep in, I thought I would take a shot at some multi table tourneys. First up was the three dollar rebuy 10,000 guarunteed. I had not played a rebuy online for quite awhile and I was not prepared for what I saw. People reloading to 3000 chips and going all in with nothing. I spent $18 before I left the tourney. The highlights were my KK all in against AJ and 67s. An A on the turn sealed that. AT v A8 all in preflop and an A8Q flop was the end of me. The final hand was me on tilt trying to gather a stack. I went all in over the top of a mid position raise with A9s v TT. No help, gg me. I must say though, I think I will play this one again as I now know what to expect. A few hands a little differently and I could have done well.

The second and third tourneys I played at the same time. One was a 180 4 dollar SnG while the other was a $5 multi with about 1300 runners. The 180 man I was low pretty much the whole time. I had QQ beat by KTs all in preflop and that crippled me. I ducked and dived my way back and had some good hands hold up JJ v TT and TT v 99. I was up to 15th of 21 remaining when I got AKs in mid position. A larger stack min raised the BB to 800 and I went all in over the top for 7600. He called immediately and I thought I was in trouble. He had AJo. Not sure what he thought I had but he called. A jack on the turn and another on the river was enough for 21st place. In hindsight I shouldnt have gone all in, I should have min raised him to 1600 and went all in on the flop regardless. Woulda coulda schoulda. Cant be too hard on myself as I was a big favorite and he hit, it happens. The five dollar tourney was a steady rise with no major bumps or bruises. I had KK v 77 all in pre and held to jumpstart me and I stole blinds and bobbed along. I was actually quite pleased with how I played. That is until the end. With 275 or so players left I raised from mid position with KJs after a limp just before me. It was folded around to the limper who went all in. I was thiking mid pair and along with this I was on tilt from the AK v AJ hand which had happened moments earlier. I called. I know stupid right? Why call with 4000 chips when the blinds are 100-200 w25 ante. Stupid mistake and as soon as I called I knew it was a mistake. He showed AK (why did he limp in mp?) and that was it for me.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing multis instead of an SnG but I had forgotten what it was like to be eliminated after playing for a couple of hours. It sucks. Next time I will be ready.

After the multi table fiascos, I played some more 18 man turbos and did really well. I recouped my MTT losses and a litte more. Even better though, was that I cracked the $500 mark. Finally.

Pokerstars balance - $502.57

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess breaking $500 is the best thing thats happened to you all week

Knightsridge said...

Top 2.