Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Definition of Discipline and Focus - NOT ME!

I am very upset with myself.

Last Friday I had my roll as high as $560. I was playing so well. I went on a run where I played four 18 man turbos and I got three firsts. Crazy eh? My confidence was super high, I saw the game on a different level and I was really playing well. Then late Friday night I decided to log back on and play some more. I was destroying the 6.50 turbos...why not play the $16 turbos and ride my hot streak? For those of you with weak stomachs, stop reading. I played some $16 turbos, maybe four or five, and I believe I got a 4th place somewhere in there. I went to Ireland and played a $16 turbo. No dice. I played some more $6.50 turbos trying to get some confidence back. No dice yet again. I was getting cold decked supremely and getting bad beats galore. Nothing like getting kicked when your down. I then remembered talking to my college roommate Mike and that he started playing the $35 six seaters. I took a stab on them (I know I know totally not what my original goal was) and came up empty. I played some more today and again I could pick up nothing in the turbos. I was down to around $320, yes, about $240 away from where I was Friday night. (If I had only went to bed and stopped playing) So I collected myself and signed up for a $35 six seater. With my registration paid I had $285 left. I was down early but fought back. This is the final hand.



I felt it was nice of the poker gods to give me a straight flush as some form of redemption.

Well I am beaten but I feel that it was yet another good experience that did not leave me penniless. I am upset I let myself get so low, but I am glad I put it up on this blog as I thought about not posting it.

I am going to think it over about what game I should playing and what stakes suit me. I am getting a little tired of the turbos, but cannot go back to playing the five dollar SnG's. I am looking at the $12 six seaters, but we'll see.

Pokerstars Balance - $422.45

No comments: