Monday, November 13, 2006

Late Night With A Monkey

Last night I couldn't sleep so I thought I would play a late night SnG to finish out the day. I logged on and thought I would check out the Sunday Million tourney to see if any big names were on. There was. 'matt674' an Irish player and friend from Blonde Poker was sitting on 40,000 or so at around 11:30. Great I thought, fire up an SnG and watch Matt play while the tedious opening levels of the SnG unfold.

Let's just say that Matt was faring better than my attempts as my AK was no match for AJ. I couldn't go to bed now though, not being 6.50 down and Matt going strong. This was my thought process at 11:30. This continued until close to 3:00am. 'matt674' (who's p-stars pic is something like this) was playing solid poker but was not getting the cards to fall as they should missing out on a double up with AJ v AT ending in a split pot.

After a run in with AJ v AQ, Matt found himself down to less then a BB and in the BB. Fortunately he quadrupled up with a K6, stole some blinds and had it folded around to him once while in the BB. Then this hand happened. Matt went all in for a little less then 200,000 with AK UTG to be called immediately by AQ in mid position. The flop came Q high and the turn gave trip Q's. Unlucky Matt, but 340th or something close as well as $1200 is nothing to be disappointed with. WP.

PS I fared ok in the SnG realm last night. Finishing with $502.54 which is exactly where I was Saturday morning, albeit after some multis including a rebuy. Quite satisfied for the time being, although I am anxious to hit $600.

No comments: